With Christmas quickly approaching and the holiday parties stacking up, I found myself rummaging through my more festive lip products. As a fairly pale person, I find that bold lips can be quite stark in contrast to my skin and that I often times more closely resemble a vampire than a living being. With that said, I have learned to really love a daring lip. For the faint of heart, I’ve included some lesser pigmented but still flattering holiday lippies. Enjoy!
November was a pretty boring month for me, product-wise. These are some tried, true and….safe products.
I’m taking part in a blogger challenge that Gabby over at anothergirlyblg has created to get all of the participants to get their creative juices flowing!
The challenge is to write a blog post twice a month on varying topics. The #2014bloggerchallenge posts go live the 1st and 3rd week of each month- all people who signed up will be sent an email with the topics. These topics are to encourage you to write about things you wouldn’t normally. Anyone can participate, no matter your blog topic! Just send Gabby an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her blog post and leave a comment with your name, blog url, and email. Enrollment for this challenge ends on the 9th of this month so hurry!
Good day, everyone! Day two of the Christmas Photo challenge is here. My favorite Holiday/Christmas movie of all time is The Santa Clause. It’s witty, you’ll laugh and you’ll cry and it’s also family friendly. I really enjoy this movie because of its ability to bring in my holiday spirit. It’s rife with those warm feel-goods and will (almost) make you want to believe in Santa!
If you’re interested in doing the challenge, my first post with the guidelines is here. Hope you all have a great day!
It’s snowing here today! What better way to start the Christmas month?! Well, I can think of a few things that are better, simply because I hate driving in the snow. Still, I’m pretty excited about it.
*Before I begin, let me please state the obvious by saying that I am not a psychologist or doctor of any kind. I am not giving out professional advice and, as such, my words here should be taken lightly and not used as a diagnostic tool. If you are depressed or dealing with other such maladies, perhaps you should consult a medical professional. I am merely relaying something I’ve had experience with.*
After I started going to school full-time, I became very irritable in my job. I dreaded going to work and having to put on my ‘customer service’ face. I hit snooze on my alarm clock multiple times each morning. I watched the clock while at work and as soon as my eighth hour chimed in, I hit the door running. A blase’ attitude at work wasn’t earning me any gold stars with my bosses or coworkers. One day, whilst slumped over my homework, slurping down my ninth cup of coffee, it dawned on me that I needed to change my attitude or keep suffering. Here are some things I did that really helped me become much happier at work and, in turn, my life;
1) Smile more. Even for no reason at all! Give it a little gusto but don’t attempt to achieve your lifelong dream of emulating Bozo the Clown. We’re not trying to scare anybody, we’re just trying to spread the joy. I found that the more I smiled, the more was able to trick myself into believing I was happy. If I smiled at someone passing by, they’d return my smile and it made me feel genuinely glad! Pretty soon, I didn’t have to fake-smile at everyone.
2) Get up earlier. Something one of my high school teachers said once, “When you open your eyes in the morning, get up!” I didn’t heed his advice at the time but I found myself coming back to his words as I get older. If I laze about in bed longer in the morning, not only do I feel crappy when I finally get up, but I have less time to have my cup of coffee and get ready (which brings me to my next point…).
3) Look nice! Laying in bed, dreading work until the last minute, prohibited me from indulging in curling my hair, doing my makeup, and making sure my clothes looked nice. I found that when I took my time getting ready, I looked better and, in turn, felt better!
4) Get your work done on time/ budget your time. I know that this seems like a no-brainer but I know that when I felt that I was running behind or always playing catch-up, it put my nerves on the fritz. I started coming into work fifteen minutes earlier to make sure that I had all my paperwork in order and that I had everything I needed to start the day. It really helped alleviate stress once I got busy and helped me maintain a positive attitude.
5) Avoid negative coworkers (when you can). In my setting, this wasn’t possible for me. Instead, I would let them know that I totally sympathized with their plight and would change the subject. If the smack talk continued I would politely say that I would not engaging in the conversation because it made me upset. Either avoiding someone who is a little rain cloud or changing the subject on them entirely has worked for me and really helped my workplace morale.
6) Take a BREAK. When it’s break time, leave! Refresh yourself. Step away from whatever you’re doing! I like to go take a walk around the property I work. It gives me a few minutes of peace and lets me collect myself a little bit before I face the zillions of phone lines and needy customers!
7) Get a little YOU time! This one was tough for me. I go to work, come home, start laundry, and sit right down for homework. After homework, it’s dinner, more homework, then bed. Rinse and repeat. ENOUGH! I broke that cycle on Sunday nights (Sundays are my Friday!) and started running myself a bath and grabbing a glass of wine and my Kindle. Ahhhhhhhh. It’s helped me so much during my work week to know that I get those quiet ME nights on Sundays.
8) Leave work at work. Work doesn’t need to follow you home and have a cuppa tea with you. I got in the habit of telling my husband when he asked that “Work is work” and leaving it at that. Complaining about work to your friends and loved ones does nothing but assist you in stewing on work and keeps you miserable.
As I said, these are just things that have helped me become happier at work. If you guys have any contributions to this list, please let me know! I’m always looking for ways to improve my work life!
While having an online shopping spree for my birthday last month, I picked up Tarte’s Thoughtful Treasures set on Macys.com for $19. The set includes 3 miniature sizes of their best selling products; an Amazonian clay blush in Thankful (.053 oz), Pure Maracuja Oil (.24 oz), and a Lipsurgence Skintuitive in Energy (.06 oz).
Hello everyone! I thought I’d post the Sweater Weather tag that’s going around. It’s beautiful and sunny here but sooo cold.
I’ve tried for so long to hide my shame and find that I can no longer. Hi, my name is Jade and I’m a Pin-a-holic.
Every now and then, I like to try the things I see on Pinterest and thought that I could chronicle it here, in my little space. These chronicles shall, henceforth, be dubbed “Pinspired” because I’m terrible with naming things.